Estate & Trusts
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving family and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. For individuals, we assist in answering the important questions about the transfer of assets, including:
- How will your assets be managed for your benefit if you are unable to do so?
- When will certain assets be transferred to others, either during your lifetime, at your death, or sometime after your death?
- To whom will those assets pass; family members, non-profit organizations, other individuals?
Effective estate planning encompasses much more than simply the writing of a will. We consider multiple options, including:
- Wealth preservation, including trusts and other entities
- Family-controller entities
- Multiple-generation planning
- Business succession planning
- Integration of charitable giving goals, regarding income, estate, and gift tax planning
Estate planning is a dynamic process. Just as people, assets and laws change, your estate will need to be adjusted periodically to reflect those changes. We are committed to continually working with you to preserve your assets across generations.
“I have recommended Larry to my family. In fact, Larry is so good that the man that I bought my business from 25 years ago thought so highly of Larry that the gentleman changed from his accountant to Larry after the deal was done. Now that man is in a nursing home and Larry still advises the wife on what to do. That is the kind of guy that Larry is. Larry is loyal, an All Star and an Ace.”Sandy Cohen