Susan E. Schmuck, CPA
Ms. Schmuck has been an associate at Lawrence A. Horwich & Associates, P.C. since 1994 and she transitioned to Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC at its formation in 2005. She provides tax planning and preparation, financial analysis and statement preparation, and other business and personal financial services. Recently, she has taken on the additional responsibilities of managing and reviewing the firm’s bookkeeping and tax return preparation services.
Ms. Schmuck spent almost ten years in banking, where she was involved in capital planning for corporate and correspondent bank customers. Additionally, she worked with the marketing department to establish customer and product profitability standards, standard cost, and cost allocations and distributions for banking services. After leaving to raise her family, she worked several years for a small suburban accounting firm just prior to joining Mr.Horwich’s firm.
Areas of Professional Service
- Income Tax
- Internal Auditing
- Financial Services
- Management Advisory Services
- Bachelor of Science – Mathematics/Sociology, Knox College, Galesburg, IL
- 30 Hours Accounting/Law Classes, College of DuPage
- Over 175 Hours of continuing education and advance study
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAS)