David J. Elyashar, CPA, CVA
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Mr. Elyashar, a Partner with the firm, has more than ten years of public accounting experience. He has a diverse knowledge of tax and estate planning, particularly for high net worth families. He focuses as well on the financial services industry, including private equity firms and hedge-funds.
As a Certified Valuation Analyst he has provided litigation support services to and business valuations for numerous law firms. Valuations include those of private closely held businesses and emerging companies for sale, merger and acquisition, financing (debt and/or equity), estate and gift tax, shareholder disputes, buy-sell agreements, insurance claims, marital situations, and other business matters.
He previously practiced public accounting for three years at PricewaterhouseCoopers working in the Private Company Services group providing income tax and consulting services to large, private companies and their owners.
Mr. Elyashar was awarded a Bachelor of Science in both Accounting and Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign in 2003.
CLIENT SERVICE & PHILOSOPHY
Mr. Elyashar provides high level tax advice, planning and compliance for individuals, corporations and businesses. By utilizing his knowledge, skills, and expertise, he contributes to the entrepreneurial pursuits on his clients to better respond to their changing needs.
Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC is committed to delivering the highest quality of service and exceeding clients’ expectations. HCL is a firm of integrity, honesty, and trust. Our goal is to build lasting relationships and delivering tailored solutions to fit the needs of our clients.
- Partner – Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC (11/2015 – Present)
- Senior Manager – Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC (01/2013 – 10/31/2015)
- Manager – Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC (01/2009 – 12/31/2012)
- Senior Associate – Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC (01/2006 – 12/31/2008)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
CERTIFICATIONS IN BUSINESS VALUATION
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, LLP – Divorce and Taxation Seminar
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – (2010 to present)
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAS) – (2006 to present)
- Committee position- Partnership income tax committee
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) – (2007 to present)
- Committee position- Annual NACVA conference planning committee
- AGN-NA, Member – (2007 to present)
- Jewish Council for Youth Services, Executive Board Member – (2014 to present)
- Camp Ramah in Wisconsin, Assistant Treasurer – (2010 to present)
- “How to Take Some of the Sting Out of Filing This Year: Enjoy Returning Favorites” by Money Magazine, Special Retirement Issue, March, 2013
- “Collaborative Law in Divorce and the Role of the Financial Neutral” by NACVA, Litigation Consulting, QuickPress, August 1, 2013
- “The Importance of Industry Research” by NACVA, Litigation Consulting, QuickPress, October 1, 2013
- “NOL Carryforward Valuation Considerations” by NACVA, Litigation Consulting, QuickPress, January 1, 2014
- Over 700 hours of continuing professional education and advanced study with a major focus on Tax, Accounting, Valuation, and Ethics.