Daniel K. Pastron, CPA, CGMA
Mr. Pastron is a Partner of Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC. He has practiced public accounting for over 25 years. He is diverse in his knowledge of taxes including corporate, partnership, individual and trusts, audit, and accounting, and management advisory services. He has experience with accounting software selection, implementation, integration and upgrades. He has also successfully implemented related hardware upgrades.
Dan’s philosophy stems from his entire career of working with closely held businesses. As a result, he has learned many things. First and foremost, he has learned not to be a “scorekeeper”. Through working directly with owners/managers of these businesses, he has truly become one of his clients’ most trusted advisors. Secondly, Dan believes that his and the firm’s clients require a flexible approach to their business matters, but an inflexible approach to the quality of service. Lastly, Dan has the conviction that clients want to be counseled as professionals by professionals. These philosophies all contribute to HCL’s ability to provide the personal and continued attention necessary to become thoroughly familiar with their clients’ businesses.
Prior to joining Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC in August, 2007, Mr. Pastron spent most of his career practicing public accounting for a prominent north shore Chicago accounting firm. He also has worked for, and as a consultant to, financially distressed businesses.
Areas of Professional Service
- Audit and Assurance
- Corporate, Partnership, Individual and Trust Income Tax
- Income Tax Planning
- Management Advisory Services
- Accounting Systems Selection, Implementation, Integration and Upgrades
- Working with Financially Distressed Businesses
- Bachelor Business Administration – Accounting, University of Iowa in Iowa City Iowa
- Over 1000 hours of continuing professional education and advanced study
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAS)
- 112 Education Foundation – Trustee/Treasurer