Craig A. Minnick, JD, CPA
Craig Minnick is a Partner of Horwich Coleman Levin, LLC. He is a licensed attorney as well as a CPA and has more than 30 years of extensive experience and industry expertise in taxation, business consulting, compliance and tax audits (federal and state). He has been interviewed on tax planning issues many times, was quoted in numerous articles, and has appeared on several radio and television programs.
He has been the guest “Ask the Expert” on the American Express Web site, responding to various tax questions. Craig was the national spokesperson and technical editor for the American Express Tax Guide from 1998 to 2001 and participated in a national book tour during the first year of publication.
Mr. Minnick was a former managing director of RSM McGladrey’s Entrepreneurial Services Group in Deerfield, IL. as well as the managing director in charge of the Tax Department. He was responsible for overseeing activities related to accounting, tax and consulting engagements for his former firm and was also responsible for overseeing and conducting tax planning, tax return compliance and various administrative functions.
Areas of Professional Service
- Business Consulting
- Tax Audits (Federal and State)
- Juris Doctorate – College of Law, University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting, University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
- Licensed Attorney – Illinois
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Former Member, Illinois Society-Various Committees
- Member, AICPA – Small Business Tax Committee
- Former Board Member, NORBIC (North Business and Industrial Council)
- Former Board Member, B’nai Shalom Traditional Congregation
- Former Board Member, Benard Weinger & Jacob Duman Jewish Community Center